Unable to install VirtualBox on macOS BigSur (Public Beta)

For discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X pre-releases
J.A.R.V.I.S
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Fedora

Unable to install VirtualBox on macOS BigSur (Public Beta)

Post by J.A.R.V.I.S »

Hey Friends,

I am in need to virtualize Fedora OS on my MacBook Pro for which I am trying to install VirtualBox.

But after I install it shows that "The installation failed". The attached screenshot can give you a better idea of the error.

I am using a 2018-gen touchID Macbook Pro:
- i5 processor with 8 GB of RAM
- macOS 11 BigSur (20A5354i), public beta

Any solution? Please help.

Cheers,
J.A.R.V.I.S
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 12.28.26 AM.png
Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 12.28.26 AM.png (125.34 KiB) Viewed 14565 times
--
Cheers,
J.A.R.V.I.S
estamos

Re: Unable to install VirtualBox on macOS BigSur (Public Beta)

Post by estamos »

J.A.R.V.I.S wrote:Hey Friends,

I am in need to virtualize Fedora OS on my MacBook Pro for which I am trying to install VirtualBox.

But after I install it shows that "The installation failed". The attached screenshot can give you a better idea of the error.

I am using a 2018-gen touchID Macbook Pro:
- i5 processor with 8 GB of RAM
- macOS 11 BigSur (20A5354i), public beta

Any solution? Please help.

Cheers,
J.A.R.V.I.S
VirtualBox for macOS Big Sure Betas is not supported yet, since Big Sur isn't officially released yet .
Which version of VirtualBox did you tried to install ?
The best you can do at the moment is to download the latest VirtualBox Testbuild from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds .

A guy mentioned that he did get it to work on Big Sur (20A5374i) with VirtualBox (6.1.15 r140592) .

To install it properly you should follow the following steps :

0. Boot into Recovery Mode (Command+R) and access Terminal, disable SIP via "csrutil disable"
0.1 [skip if 3] Before installing the test build of VirtualBox, you have to go into System Preferences, Security & Privacy and unlock it so you can make changes (by clicking the lock icon on the bottom left corner and entering your credentials). Leave the security & preferences window open
1. Uninstall VirtualBox using VirtualBox_uninstall.tool
2. Clean install VirtualBox using VirtualBox.pkg
3. [skip if 0.1] At the end of the install, go to System Preferences, Security and Privacy, and the click the allow button

There is no reason for a new thread, there is one for Big Sur Host Issues already viewtopic.php?f=39&t=98763