Mac crashes trying to run Windows 10 guest

For discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X pre-releases
Beard_mafia

Mac crashes trying to run Windows 10 guest

Post by Beard_mafia »

I have a 2017 15 inch MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.4 and Virtualbox 6.0.4. I am trying to set up a Windows 10 VM but every time I get to where it asks for the .ISO file location it crashes my Mac. Virtualbox will run fine until I try to run the VM and it crashes every time. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, restarted, tried a different .iso file but nothing seems to work. Has anyone seen this or have any ideas?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mac crashes trying to run Windows 10 guest

Post by socratis »

Beard_mafia wrote:Has anyone seen this or have any ideas?
No, and no.

Anything unusual about your setup? Is this a fresh OSX installation, an upgrade?
(10.14.4? Really? Already?)

Any funky location that you're looking for, or you have attached? I'm thinking network mounted Volumes, external drives, etc.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Beard_mafia

Post by Beard_mafia »

Nothing out of the ordinary. It is not a fresh install, but it is a pretty clean install. I think the issue might be that I am on a BETA OSX.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Ah, it's a beta, you're right. Moving then to the "OSX pre-releases" from "OSX Hosts".

Are you on a dual-boot system? Does this happen with 10.14.3? Or earlier?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Beard_mafia

Post by Beard_mafia »

I am not dual boot, this isn't my main computer so I am not worried about it and there is nothing saved on it. I might just have to use boot camp.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

And you don't have an external HD that you can boot from, right? I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this and see if it's a 10.14.4beta issue or not...