Instalação do VirtualBox no MacOS HigSierra com VHD em HD externo

For discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X pre-releases
ghvicente

Instalação do VirtualBox no MacOS HigSierra com VHD em HD externo

Post by ghvicente »

Boa noite, fiz a instalação do VirtaulBox no meu Macbook Air 11", porém a imagem do hd da VM (arquivo VHD) ficou no HD externo que conectei na USB do Mac, adicionei os discos na VM criada normalmente, porém quando vou iniciar ela ocorre o seguinte erro (VERR_VD_IMAGE_READ_ONLY). PIIX3 cannot attach drive to the Primary Master (VERR_VD_IMAGE_READ_ONLY).

Os arquivos VHD de discos virtuais da VM estão em um HD externo devido ao tamanho, pois o macbook possui pouco espaço no Disco Interno.

Alguma dica de como resolver?

Obrigado

Gustavo
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Instalação do VirtualBox no MacOS HigSierra com VHD em HD externo

Post by socratis »

Good night, when I installed the VirtaulBox in my Macbook Air 11", because the image of the VM hd (VHD file) was made in the external HD that connects to the USB of the Mac, I added the disks in the VM normally created, even though I was going to start the next error (VERR_VD_IMAGE_READ_ONLY). PIIX3 cannot attach drive to the Primary Master (VERR_VD_IMAGE_READ_ONLY).

The VHD files of VM virtualized disks are in external HD due to their size, because the male has little space in the Internal Disk.

Any tips on how to solve it?
I'm sorry, but I do not understand your message. Could you try again? Short sentences?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
ghvicente

Post by ghvicente »

I installed VirtualBox on mac air, but the .VHD disk left on the external hard drive and it gives an error when I start the VM.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

1) How was VHD "left" on the external hard drive?
2) Where is the external hard drive? Not available?
3) Do you want the VHD to be on the external hard drive, or not?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I would tend to go with what the error message says: the VHD file is marked readonly, or the folder the VHD is stored in is marked readonly. No modern OS that I know of can run with a read only hard drive - modifying the contents of the hard drive is kind of what they do.

I will also add that running a modern OS from a USB drive, particularly a USB flash drive, is unlikely to be a pleasant or practical experience in my opinion.