[Fixed] 5.2.12 install fails on macOS Mojave (#17805)

For discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X pre-releases
IPv6Freely
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Junos

Re: 5.2.12 install fails on macOS Mojave (#17805)

Post by IPv6Freely »

I thought you said you were running the public beta. You're on Developer Beta 4 build 18A336e?
Chris Jones
Sr. Network Engineer - Sempra Energy
JNCIE-ENT #272, CCIE #25655 (R&S)
Apple Developer Program - Running macOS Mojave 10.14 Beta
iFrog

Post by iFrog »

Hey guys, I am really sorry about the miscommunication here. I had read all 9 pages of the thread before registering and posting. I had come away knowing that oracle had fixed the issue on their end, but everyone was waiting on Apple, until today.

Either way, I did a clean install of the latest beta software on the test machine and VBox installed and runs without issues now. So, I probably should have done a clean install from the start instead of an upgrade, and may have avoided some frustration.

Thanks again.
IPv6Freely
Guest OSses: Junos

Post by IPv6Freely »

iFrog wrote: but everyone was waiting on Apple, until today.
Monday, actually :D
Chris Jones
Sr. Network Engineer - Sempra Energy
JNCIE-ENT #272, CCIE #25655 (R&S)
Apple Developer Program - Running macOS Mojave 10.14 Beta
iFrog

Post by iFrog »

Depends on the beta program, the Developer and Public beta release have been a day apart (if that's what you're referring to)

There is one other gripe I've had with the VirtualBox installer, and it's been an issue as of High Sierra. Isn't there a way the developers can make installer wait for the Kext to be approved by the user by completing the install? Otherwise, it fails until the Kext is approved and the installer is re-run, then it gives the green and white check mark. Only giving my experience here in comparison to other packages that wait for the approval of the Kext before completing install. Either way, I've got a clean slate here to test with now.Ive been really impressed with the Mojave beta. I only had two apps that were broken, VirtualBox, now Fixed, and Carbon Copy Cloner, which will be fixed by the time of release. My other commercial programs such as VMware Fusion, etc worked without problems. Gives me a good outlook on upgrading when released without having my workflow broken.

Oh, and the waiting on apple comment was referring to me, thinking everyone was still waiting until today when I was told here it should be working, and that's when I started over and fixed it. :)
coredumperror
Guest OSses: Windows 7

Re: [Fixed] 5.2.12 install fails on macOS Mojave (#17805)

Post by coredumperror »

I'm still getting this exact same error (code 112) upon installing VirtualBox in the newest release version of Mojave (10.14.1 (18B75)). What do I have to do to make this work?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. You have to follow the instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=84092

Hopefully my comment will be helpful to googlers who arrive at this thread when searching for the same problem I just experienced.
socratis
Site Moderator
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: [Fixed] 5.2.12 install fails on macOS Mojave (#17805)

Post by socratis »

coredumperror wrote:Hopefully my comment will be helpful to googlers
Hopefully not! :)

This is a (relatively) old thread (it's in the pre-releases section after all) and it's about OSX preventing VirtualBox from being installed if_not>5.2.14.

And to prevent future searchers, locking this, putting a notice in the front page to the actual solution...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.