Windows 10 x64 Build 20206 - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

For discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows pre-releases (e.g. Windows 10 > build 10240).
artof

Re: Windows 10 x64 Build 20206 - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Post by artof »

It works for me as well:
win 10 x64 insider build build 20226
Test build 140463.

Thanks!

As a side note, I noticed something strange, on my different computers on the insider build 20226.
Some of them were still fine running my VMs, the main difference being WSL2 (+ docker desktop) enabled on the physical.
Got me curious, and on one of the failing PC:
reverted to VirtualBox 6.1.14
installed WSL2 + docker desktop on the physical
=> able to start my VMs.
Guess some of WSL2 pre/reqs may mitigate the issue.

My 2 cents, did not investigate further.

Looking forward the release of the fix 8)

Cheers!
ggbce

Post by ggbce »

In my case I use Windows 10 Insider Build 20226, not 20206 and latest officiel Oracle VM Virtual Box 6.1.14 and I got the same problem also...

Please let me known when a newer version Alpha/Beta/Stable of Oracle VM VirtualBox will work.

P.S. I'm surprized of the answer of many people tell "Oracle doesn't support our products on Windows "pre-releases" versions"... In hope some active dev guys of VirtualBox project will see this message... Because the logic should be:

"Yes, using pre-release couldn't be stable and certified for production... but Microsoft goes exactly in the same way where other OS goes, giving a preview of the next versions (like Debian Sid) to allow developper teams to test theirs products before this version is release in full production an to ensure it will work fine".

Then, when some people had installed Windows 10 pre-release i'ts exactly to contribute to help the project... And we hope receiving a message like "Oh yes, Thank you for your feedback ! We tried also and we confirm the problem. We will work actively on this issue to add a patch in our next Beta version. We will keep you in touch when this next release will be available to test it !!!"

NOTE: Also adding this kind of fix in a "RELEASE_HISTORY.TXT" and/or "KNOWN_ISSUES.TXT" could help also to follow you development.

Regards,

GGBce
Jacob Klein

Post by Jacob Klein »

Oracle VirtualBox 6.1.14 is incompatible with the changes Microsoft has made in recent Windows Insider Builds.

Oracle VirtualBox 6.1.15 Test Builds fix the incompatibility, and are currently available here:
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds

This was previously mentioned within this thread.