VBox error Win10 b14251 - VERR_SUP_VP_TOO_MANY_IMAGE_REGIONS

For discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows pre-releases (e.g. Windows 10 > build 10240).
Jacob Klein

Re: VBox error Win10 b14251 - VERR_SUP_VP_TOO_MANY_IMAGE_REG

Post by Jacob Klein »

I can confirm that VirtualBox is able to start my VMs again, in Windows 10 Build 14257 -- VirtualBox 4.3.36 works for me, now.
I want to thank the Oracle community, for providing this forum, where we can discuss problems/workarounds/solutions on Windows pre-releases.

Thanks!
Jacob Klein
Elliott_P

Post by Elliott_P »

As a followup to this - perhaps off topic for this thread, but with this windows build and VirtualBox combo, it works BUT performance is noticeably slower than before and after a while the virtual machine stops responding to mouse clicks. So something is still fishy, but it's definitely better in that it works at all.
Jacob Klein

Post by Jacob Klein »

Elliott_P wrote:As a followup to this - perhaps off topic for this thread, but with this windows build and VirtualBox combo, it works BUT performance is noticeably slower than before and after a while the virtual machine stops responding to mouse clicks. So something is still fishy, but it's definitely better in that it works at all.
Have you been able to conclusively prove this somehow? And you're sure that the same VM, on a Windows 10 Release 10586 host, doesn't exhibit the problem?