Black screen after guest addition install Win Build 17074

For discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows pre-releases (e.g. Windows 10 > build 10240).
NemesisIV

Black screen after guest addition install Win Build 17074

Post by NemesisIV »

I can clean install Windows Build 17074, or upgrade, but upon installing guest additions for Virtualbox 5.2.6, all I get is a black screen. I can turn off 3d accelleration and get it to work on this build. This effects x86 and x64. I can downgrade to a lower version of windows, and I can get this to work, with 3d accelleration enabled. So this seems to affect the newer insider builds. Windows 10 Host.
Last edited by NemesisIV on 22. Jan 2018, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Black screen after guest addition install Win Build 17074

Post by socratis »

You didn't mention your guest (you should have, now I have to guess), but if it's a Linux-based one, check the Downloads page, the "Important" paragraph at the top...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
NemesisIV

Re: Black screen after guest addition install Win Build 17074

Post by NemesisIV »

It is Windows 10 guest on a Windows 10 host. Sorry, new to this. It seem to effect Nvidia Geforece 970m dual graphics with Intel chipset. I have a dedicated Nvidia card on a desktop that works.