Feature request for beta (and only beta) versions: the pop-up window

Postings relating to old VirtualBox pre-releases
WhatHaveYou

Feature request for beta (and only beta) versions: the pop-up window

Post by WhatHaveYou »

May we have an option to disable the pop-up window that warns of beta status? Disabling that message would make the program easier to test and to use. (For, some of us will want to use the program as well as/whilst testing it.) Apologies if there is such an option and I have failed to find it.
Darius123
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win 7 Pro, MacOS, Linux*

Re: Feature request for beta (and only beta) versions: the pop-up window

Post by Darius123 »

in terminal window run:

VBoxManage setextradata global "GUI/PreventBetaWarning" "6.0.0_BETA1"
WhatHaveYou

Post by WhatHaveYou »

Thank you. Solved.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

WhatHaveYou wrote:Disabling that message would make the program easier to test and to use.
An extra click/<Enter> at launch? Come on, you got to have that warning, it's a good reminder. Not a pleasant one, but necessary. Something like your alarm clock in the morning! :)
WhatHaveYou wrote:For, some of us will want to use the program as well as/whilst testing it.
As opposed to the rest of us that want to either only use it or only test it? ;)

Darius123's advice was the key to buzz-free run. I wish it will be bug-free as well...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.