Adwaita-Dark theme makes Gui unreadable

Postings relating to old VirtualBox pre-releases
Notopic

Adwaita-Dark theme makes Gui unreadable

Post by Notopic »

I am a big fan of dark themes. VirtualBox 5.2 (on Fedora 28) works like a charm when using the Adwaita-Dark theme. VB 6 Beta 1 does not however, as most of the text is white on a light-grey background. Only active parts (selected or on mouse-over) are (sort-of) readable. The workaround for now is to add 'env QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=Adwaita' to the exec part of the desktop file so it uses the light theme.
lehh

Re: Adwaita-Dark theme makes Gui unreadable

Post by lehh »

I'm facing the same problem. But, even with Adwaita default theme, the VM's are still unreadable.

VirtualBox Version: Version 6.0.6_RPMFusion r129722
Host OS: Fedora 29

I'm using Tweaks to change Fedora appearance.

Adwaita-dark:
Adwaita-dark
Adwaita-dark
Screenshot from 2019-05-11 13-13-37.png (83.51 KiB) Viewed 17963 times
Adwaita default:
Adwaita-default
Adwaita-default
Screenshot from 2019-05-11 13-13-15.png (124.84 KiB) Viewed 17963 times
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

lehh wrote:VirtualBox Version: Version 6.0.6_RPMFusion r129722
VirtualBox 6.0.6 is a public release and not a beta or release candidate. Continuing this discussion here is not the appropriate place. You should open a new thread in the appropriate hosts part of the forum.

Before you do, the _RPMFusion tagged on the version string suggests that it is a fork of VirtualBox. If you want support on that version then you need to try their support channels. If you want help here then you need to install the one true VirtualBox version to determine if it has the same problem.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

andyp73 wrote: Continuing this discussion here is not the appropriate place
Hence the lock.
andyp73 wrote:You should open a new thread in the appropriate hosts part of the forum.
@lehh, there's no need to open a new thread, just take a look at ticket #18258 VirtualBox does not respect dark themes, it's a known issue.

Oh, and please get the official VirtualBox, the forks are not supported in these forums.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.