Regression! AccessAbility problems in new virtualbox gui (6.0 beta 1)

Postings relating to old VirtualBox pre-releases
ilp d

Regression! AccessAbility problems in new virtualbox gui (6.0 beta 1)

Post by ilp d »

helo.

in 5x vbox versions, where the global and machine tools switchers was on the tool bar, i was able to switch bitwin them and activate tools by using keyboard mouse control fitures and screenreader's mouse tracking fiture.

in new version I also able to use the global tools by using the tools list item.
but I can not activate the machine's tools (for agsample snapshots),. I'm iven don't know what to do that.
the many things that are simple for other people are very difficult for blind users.
I read that this instruments can be called by using the special element buttons. possible, this buttons is very simple way for standard users, but I can not activate it. ScreenReader simply can not locate it.
Please, add the ability to open this tools from machine's context menu.
also, in beta version, screenreader is not able to correctly process items in machines list and can not read it's names correctly.

Also, there are old accessability problem, that appears in 5x versions, but I describing it hear because i vont to make your developers to pay some atention to it.
when I using nvda screenreader and locating any listbox, nvda can hann for some time. then it continuing working, but is not able to work with listbox. this problems are present in all VBox windows.

I hope that this problems is not difficult to fix.
michael
Oracle Corporation

Re: Regression! AccessAbility problems in new virtualbox gui (6.0 beta 1)

Post by michael »

Hello Ilya,

We are aware of this issue and will look at it as soon as we can. Obviously contributions would be welcome, though the contributor would need to be well familiar with the Qt accessibility interfaces to be able to speed up the process so that our interface developer would not be unnecessarily slowed down by integrating them.

Regards
Michael