Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

[Fixed] VBoxTray crashes on WinNT4, Win2K

Post by socratis »

Version 5.1.0_RC1 r108607
Host: OSX 10.9.5
Guest: WinNT4, Win2K

If you update the GAs on a WinNT4 or Win2K client to 5.1.0_RC1, the process VBoxTray.exe crashes at launch. Not sure if you'd like a DrWatson report, a VBox.log or both. Awaiting guidance.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
frank
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: Debian Sid
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows

Re: VBoxTray crashes on WinNT4, Win2K

Post by frank »

This didn't happen with Beta 3, correct?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I wouldn't know. It's the first beta I'm actually getting involved, due to the <ExtraData> issue that was really preventing me from doing anything.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Seems to be fixed in 5.1.