Network Adapter Selection

Postings relating to old VirtualBox pre-releases
DoMiNaToR_xD

Network Adapter Selection

Post by DoMiNaToR_xD »

Dear VirtualBox-Developer-Team,

I started the VirtualBox and installed a Linux OS as a guest system. In the settings I choose the bridged network mode. Therefore u have to select a real host network adapter to be bridged with. Until there everything worked. But now i havn't all the adapters selectable, but I understood why I didn't get all adapters.
A adapter is only selectable, when the following network property items are makred:
  • VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver
  • Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) OR Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
Problem is that all items exepct the "VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver" item have to be disabled, because it is a virtual network adapter, which is read out by a program. It will modify the traffic and lay the modified traffic then onto a other network adapter. The programs name is "Tortilla", which creates the "Tortilla Adapter".

The VMWare Workstation Player 12 e.g. doesn't do any check on the TCP/IP items, so u can easy select and use the wanted adapter.

Is there now a opportunity to disable that TCP/IP check, soo adapter are selectable which have only the "VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver" item marked?
aleksey-vb
Oracle Corporation

Re: Network Adapter Selection

Post by aleksey-vb »

There is a public ticket https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/14578 for this issue. You can try to install the test build provided in the ticket. The fix will be included into the next maintenance release.
DoMiNaToR_xD

Re: Network Adapter Selection

Post by DoMiNaToR_xD »

Dear aleksey-vb,

thanks for the fast response, I searched the forum for that problem and couldn't find anything, but I didn't konw about that ticket system, sorry for the double post.