tarzanek
Primary OS: MS Windows Vista
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: OpenSolaris, Ubuntu, DOS, ipcop

installation of guest additions over old 2.2.4 ones

Post by tarzanek »

Hi
I promised to mention issues with guest additions, here you go:
(host vista 64bit Sp2 , T500 with switchable graphics, guests are only running with 1 CPU, since on more CPUs I get heap error probs : http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19106 )

guest OpenSolaris 64bit 09/06 - after installation of additions(which worked) I lost the "mouse hover" in X . Meaning if I point a mouse over a menu with a > it doesn't get highlighted and unwrapped. Also basically there is no highlight for the mouse when you move it over any menu, you always have to point and click. Without guest additions the mouse behaves OK, so I think it must be the vbox driver. I tried with 3D enabled and disabled, still the same behaviour ;)

guest Ubuntu 64bit latest (jaunty) - when old 2.2.4 additions were loaded and X running I got odd errors coming from different places of driver code, always ending up with gcc segfault !
I unloaded the old guest drivers, disabled X and tried running the build of drivers from console and without any additions. This finally worked without any segfaults and it seems the additions work.

anyone observed the same ?

thanks
Lubos