Time to fix this:

Postings relating to old VirtualBox pre-releases
manfredell

Time to fix this:

Post by manfredell »

We're almoust at version 3 and the display bug where the OSX GUI doesn't remember it's size and position is still here!
Pls fix this....
manfredell

Re: Time to fix this:

Post by manfredell »

beta 2: and this problem is still here.... PLEASE!
dmcgraw
Volunteer
Primary OS: Ubuntu 8.10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: XP, Ubuntu 9.10

Post by dmcgraw »

How can this be such a major problem?
manfredell

Post by manfredell »

dmcgraw wrote:How can this be such a major problem?
Has a problem to be MAJOR to get it fixed in what is supposed to be a major new version??? And what is the definition of major anyway?
A GUI problem, the GUI being what the user sees the first time, is IMO. Having to reposition the Window EVERY time I start VB is a pain.
Just open it a few times and suddenly you won't even see it any longer!!!
sej7278
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian other
Guest OSses: Solaris, Linux, Windows, OS/2, MacOSX, FreeBSD

Post by sej7278 »

sounds like a qt4 on macosx problem to me, possibly not a virtualbox one.

have you got any other qt4 programs you could test to see if they remember their window location?

we must remember this is a beta, its supposed to be full of bugs, but hopefully if we report them they will get fixed before going final.
manfredell

Post by manfredell »

sej7278 wrote:sounds like a qt4 on macosx problem to me, possibly not a virtualbox one.

have you got any other qt4 programs you could test to see if they remember their window location?

we must remember this is a beta, its supposed to be full of bugs, but hopefully if we report them they will get fixed before going final.
What do you mean by qt4??? Regarding this being beta: the same problem is in 2.x has been in the betas there and reported by me and acknowledged by others and has not been fixed.
sej7278
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian other
Guest OSses: Solaris, Linux, Windows, OS/2, MacOSX, FreeBSD

Post by sej7278 »

manfredell wrote:What do you mean by qt4??? Regarding this being beta: the same problem is in 2.x has been in the betas there and reported by me and acknowledged by others and has not been fixed.
qt4 is the graphical toolkit used in cross-platform programs like videolan, handbrake and virtualbox, its what paints the windows essentially.

sorry i didn't realise it was an issue in 2.x as well, although looking at this ticket it used to happen on linux in 1.x http://www.virtualbox.de/ticket/1954
manfredell

Post by manfredell »

sej7278 wrote:
manfredell wrote:What do you mean by qt4??? Regarding this being beta: the same problem is in 2.x has been in the betas there and reported by me and acknowledged by others and has not been fixed.
qt4 is the graphical toolkit used in cross-platform programs like videolan, handbrake and virtualbox, its what paints the windows essentially.

sorry i didn't realise it was an issue in 2.x as well, although looking at this ticket it used to happen on linux in 1.x http://www.virtualbox.de/ticket/1954
OK then: Handbrake and VLC on OSX save the window position just fine.
manfredell

Post by manfredell »

Just installed released version. FINALLY this is fixed. THX!