Windows CB R151427

Postings relating to old VirtualBox pre-releases
AndyCot

Windows CB R151427

Post by AndyCot »

Any ETA on when CB R151427 for Windows will be available? And also does this have the Hyper-V fix in it or not so it works with Hyper-V enabled on Win 10 so that the guest do not run like a dog.
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Re: Windows CB R151427

Post by fth0 »

AndyCot wrote:Any ETA on when CB R151427 for Windows will be available?
I'm not sure why you're asking about this revision especially, but I can tell you a few things that may interest you:

VirtualBox 6.1.35r150972 contains the bugfix for the Hyper-V regression, and one user already confirmed that it works for them in Re: VB 6.1.34 slow to start LM guest with Hyper-V enabled. 6.1.30 okay.

VirtualBox 6.1.36 is expected around 2022-07-19.
AndyCot

Post by AndyCot »

I'm not sure why you're asking
Because normal development that I have been involved with for the last 40 years is that you do alpha, beta, gamma releases etc or dev then test then rc then prod, but int he case or Orcale it's all over the shop with VB releases and I have no idea what they are are doing.

I have been looking at the Development snapshots and nothing has changes since 6.1.34 and just spotted the test builds were inconsistent and later than the dev builds. How does this make sense?

In my posts about hyper-V no one has responded and I missed the post from earlier today as this major change was pushed out for testing under the radar.
AndyCot

Post by AndyCot »

So now I will end up with VB at one version and the guest additions at another version.... Cluster foo bar waiting to occur...
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Post by fth0 »

Please note that I'm not affiliated to Oracle or the VirtualBox development at all, so take the following with a grain of salt:
AndyCot wrote:Because normal development that I have been involved with for the last 40 years is that you do alpha, beta, gamma releases etc
Besides the fact that in general there is no such thing as "normal development", who does this for monthly and quarterly release updates (e.g. 6.1.36)? Regarding releases (e.g. 6.1), take a deeper look at the VirtualBox download site, and you'll find Betas and RCs for every VirtualBox release from 4.0 up to 6.1.
AndyCot wrote:In my posts about hyper-V no one has responded and I missed the post from earlier today as this major change was pushed out for testing under the radar.
You're slightly wrong here IMHO: The fix of the Hyper-V regression was probably neither considered major nor was it the reason for the test builds. It's just that the fix is automatically included, and I took the liberty to reveal that to give you an unofficial chance of testing it early. After the initial positive feedback, I'll mention it in some of the other threads.