Attaching USB devices to the virtual machine

Discussion about using the VirtualBox API, Tutorials, Samples.
Frunip

Attaching USB devices to the virtual machine

Post by Frunip »

Hello,

At the moment I am trying to attach USB devices through the C# SDK by using session.Console.attachUSBDevice(string aId, string aCapturedFilename). However, when I do this I get the error

"Failed to create a proxy device for the USB device (ERROR: VERR_NOT_FOUND)".

First of all, for aCapturedFilename there is no documentation what this is and what I do have to fill in here, so I'm hoping someone else here knows. Second, when I look at my USB devices in the Device Manager on my host PC I see that the USB device uses the VirtualBox USB driver but it is not passed to the virtual machine. I've tried a filter but since I'm using two of the same devices I cannot filter these devices. I wanted to filter on port but this also didn't work since sometimes the device was captured by the host PC, this is why I wanted to check the device state in the SDK and then attach the USB that is not busy. Any suggestions?
Frunip

Re: Attaching USB devices to the virtual machine

Post by Frunip »

Furthermore, when i sue detachUSBDevice() the USB driver that is used still remains VirtualBox USB and therefore my host is unable to use the device. When I remove the usb device manually this isn't the case. Am I forgetting something here?