External Authentication Module for RDP

Discussion about using the VirtualBox API, Tutorials, Samples.
assers

External Authentication Module for RDP

Post by assers »

Hi,
I'm trying to develop an external authentication module for RDP to be used to authenticate users before providing access to VM's within Virtualbox. I'm using Virtualbox 4.3.6 on Ubuntu 12.04.3 and from the SDK Ref doc i will be using C++ / XPCOM to do so.

I will be developing my authentication module as a separate C++ program where i will build an ACL to control who will have access to each VM (I will get the list of VM's from Virtualbox then associate each VM with a list of user names and other information that will be passed to this authentication module then will only need this authentication module to pass to VirtualBox if the incoming RDP connection to a VM should be accepted or not. The list of existing VM's should always be updated from Virtualbox ofcourse and the associated ACL will be updated using another admin module that i will develop to pass the associated user information). I will then need to link it to the Virtualbox API using the glue file but i'm not really sure how to do that and if the approach itself is correct. I couldn't find any details on how to do this in the SDK ref document or anywhere else so i'm seeking some guidelines over here please.

Any insights will be much appreciated :)

Thanks