Full screen on Manjaro not working

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
emil78

Full screen on Manjaro not working

Post by emil78 »

I installed Manjaro Budgie, then installed the guest additions, but full sreen is still not working. How to fix it?
emil78

Re: Full screen on Manjaro not working

Post by emil78 »

I fixed it by re-installing manjaro and selecting VBoxVGA in Display.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Good job, because with no host OS, no version info and no log there was no chance anyone else could help you with your problem.
MyopicPaideia22
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Manjaro KDE

Post by MyopicPaideia22 »

I am having the same problem. When you say reinstall, di you just reinstall Manjaro on the same virtual machine or did you remove the virtual machine entirely and create a new one, then installing Manjaro on that one? Are you using the Arch Linux option on VirtualBox when you create the VM?
danTheCoder

Post by danTheCoder »

I'm not sure whether I'm late to the party or not, but I got the same issue for Manjaro KDE 21.0.6 with VirtualBox 6.1.18. I have removed the image and re-installed it with Arch Linux(64-bit) as the version and selecting VBoxVGA in Display.
I hope this helps others too.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Guest Additions must be installed on the VM OS to enable full screen and other screen-size and 3D capabilities. Using another Linux distro is not necessary. VirtualBox's default-for-Linux VMSVGA video card is often the best to use, though older Linux distros might work better with the old-school VboxVGA (no S). VboxSVGA (with the S) is for Windows VMs. VMSVGA and VboxSVGA have 3D acceleration available.

Installing Virtualbox on a Linux host or Guest Additions in a Linux VM requires prerequisites installed first: https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch02. ... nux-prereq

Inserting the Guest Additions "CD" only inserts the Guest Additions "CD". Modern OS's often don't autorun CDs, so you have to manually run the Guest Additions installer from the VM's CD drive.

You can post a zipped vbox.log using the forum's Upload Attachment tab, then we can check if the Guest Additions were installed.

Each poster above, please start your own new topic with an Upload-Attachment-attached zipped vbox.log, and we'll see what we can do.