[CLOSED] Start menu issues in Debian/Ubuntu based OS's

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
Sugarcrisp

[CLOSED] Start menu issues in Debian/Ubuntu based OS's

Post by Sugarcrisp »

I've been testing some new Linux OS's (Mint 19.1, Pop_OS, LMDE 3, and Debian 10) recently on Virtualbox 6.0.10 running on Linux Mint 19. I've notice in each of the tests, using Cinnamon DE, when I try to scroll through the menu it produces the same issue (seen in the attached file). Because it's different OS's, I believe it may be an issue within Virtualbox. I've tried different video acceleration settings, but no change. Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
pop_os_menu.png
pop_os_menu.png (86.03 KiB) Viewed 981 times
Last edited by Sugarcrisp on 31. Oct 2021, 10:11, edited 2 times in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Start menu issues in Debian/Ubuntu based OS's

Post by socratis »

Pick a problematic VM. We need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Sugarcrisp

Re: Start menu issues in Debian/Ubuntu based OS's

Post by Sugarcrisp »

Hey socratis,

Attached is the first log file from one of my VM's that I'm having "start menu" issue with.
Attachments
virt.zip
(38.17 KiB) Downloaded 27 times