Trying to install Unbuntu 18.04 in VB and get error

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
RobbR

Trying to install Unbuntu 18.04 in VB and get error

Post by RobbR »

I am a first time user. I am running Windows 10 and trying to install Unbuntu 18.04 in virtual box and getting the pictured error. I can't figure out how to fix it. Any ideas?
Attachments
This is the error code
This is the error code
Annotation 2019-07-11 213857.png (19.02 KiB) Viewed 849 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Trying to install Unbuntu 18.04 in VB and get error

Post by socratis »

1. Search for "VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED", there is a ton of threads dealing with it. Hint: you need to disable Hyper-V related processes, see the list in the thread I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests.
  2. Just to be sure, we need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
    • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
    • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
    • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.