Freezing on Starting up...

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
FilDestil

Freezing on Starting up...

Post by FilDestil »

As the title suggests, it basically keeps "Starting up... "forever.
could I please get hand reviewing what could be the issue ?!
it`s a bee-box, which is a linux ubuntu 64
I`m on windows 10 "bootcamped" from a mac :)
I have kali machine up n running, gives me no problems
but both bee-box and OWASP buggy web application" both Linux" won't pass the after GRUB , pre-load.. which is weird..
I`ve tried installing the same files and machine using Oracle Vm , on a native windows 10 and it was a success.
Attachments
Bee-Box-2019-05-10-21-11-20.log
here is the bee-box machine log :)
(68.2 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Freezing on Starting up...

Post by socratis »

00:00:06.038514 HM: HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM: VT-x is not available
00:00:06.225170 NEM: WHvCapabilityCodeHypervisorPresent is TRUE, so this might work...
It seems that you have Hyper-V enabled. You can tell if this is true from the status bar where the "slow" icon (Image) shows. Look in the "Control Panel" » "Programs and Features" » "Turn Windows features on or off", and make sure that the none of the following are active:
  • Application Guard
  • Credential Guard
  • Device Guard
  • <any> * Guard
  • Containers
  • Hyper-V
  • Virtual Machine Platform
  • Windows Hypervisor Platform
  • Windows Sandbox
If VirtualBox is running without Hyper-V enabled, where proper, hardware virtualization is actually available, then the standard virtualization icon (Image) would show. Disable Hyper-V in your host and see what happens...

PS. For future reference you should ZIP your logs. It helps you, it helps us, it helps the server, it helps save a (virtual) tree or two... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.