CentOS won't install

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
yarecki

CentOS won't install

Post by yarecki »

I'm trying to install a minimal/network version of CentOS 1708 or 1511 but when the machine boots and I get presented with the option to Install Centos, Test Media or Troubleshoot as soon as I press the arrow key to move up or down it seems to hang. The media are fine as I installed with no issue under HyperV (host OS is Windows 10). The most recent version of VirtualToolbox used with Expansion pack installed.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: CentOS won't install

Post by andyp73 »

The default vGPU for new Linux guests under VirtualBox 6.0.x is VMSVGA. This has a few teething problems. Can you try switching it to the old VBoxVGA vGPU and see if that changes anything.

If there are still problems then we will need to see the VBox.log file from the guest. Boot the guest, make sure the problem occurs then shut the guest down (by force if necessary). zip the log file and post it.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
yarecki

Post by yarecki »

Looking in logs I see

00:00:13.625187 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedScreenImage/LdrLoadDll: rc=VERR_LDRVI_NOT_SIGNED fImage=1 fProtect=0x0 fAccess=0x0 \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Easy Printer Manager\SmartScreenPrint\CDAKEYMonitor64.dll: Not signed.
00:00:13.625364 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedMonitor_LdrLoadDll: rejecting 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Easy Printer Manager\SmartScreenPrint\CDAKEYMonitor64.dll' (C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Easy Printer Manager\SmartScreenPrint\CDAKEYMonitor64.dll): rcNt=0xc0000190

Which is related to my printer. Not sure why VirtualBox is even referencing that.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

It is one of VirtualBox standard hardening checks. The DLL's are being rejected because they aren't properly signed. You should have a look to see if Samsung provide an updated version of the driver that is or you will need to uninstall the SmartScreenPrint feature of their software.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
yarecki

Post by yarecki »

I removed the driver but the problem still persists. I'm attaching logs as recommended. Can't see any reference to the driver that was logged earlier. Hope someone can see what's wrong with my setup :)
Attachments
Logs.zip
Logs from CentOs VM failing to install
(55.16 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
yarecki

Post by yarecki »

Can anyone please help with that?