Command-Line Trigger to minimize virtualbox?

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
oklord

Command-Line Trigger to minimize virtualbox?

Post by oklord »

Good Day!

Running Linux Mint host and have setup a VirtualBox to autostart when the LinuxMint reboots. However need to have the Virtual Box minimize and put on the taskbar.
After searching for over an hour here and other sites, it doesn't seem to be a way, but I can't find in the full manual a full listing of all the command-line arguments either, so maybe someone here knows one.
Thanks in advance!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Command-Line Trigger to minimize virtualbox?

Post by socratis »

oklord wrote:Running Linux Mint host and have setup a VirtualBox to autostart when the LinuxMint reboots
That would be a headless VM, wouldn't it? Because you can't start a normal VM, with a window, if no one is logged in, and the app/shortcut isn't in the "Startup Applications".

That wouldn't be something that VirtualBox controls, that would be something that your host OS controls.
  • On Win* there's the "Start Minimized" option for shortcuts.
  • On OSX there's the "Start Hidden" option for apps that run on startup.
  • On Mint, there's nothing AFAIK...
On the Mint front for example, in the "Startup Applications" I have GKrellM, Synergy, Psensor and SystemMonitor, starting after I login, and only Psensor has the option to start minimized, the rest have an "in your face" kind of approach, I have to minimize them manually, not a deal breaker...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.