[Invalid] window borders in theme settings

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
rok

[Invalid] window borders in theme settings

Post by rok »

I've installed Linux Mint 19.1 in VBox. My host is Linux Mint 18.3.

When I set themes I plenty of options available for icons, controls and desktop, but not for window borders. I only have Mini-X, Mint-Y and Mint-Y dark available for window borders in the guest machine. None of which I like.

On the host machine I have about 16 different options, many of which I find in my /usr/share/themes directory.

I don't know where 'window borders' files would normally be to make the choices I really want available.

Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by socratis on 14. Apr 2019, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Invalid].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: window borders in theme settings

Post by socratis »

This is not a VirtualBox question, marking the thread as [Invalid].

Just because an OS/program that runs in the context of VirtualBox has a problem, it doesn't make it a VirtualBox problem necessarily. You're having an issue that has nothing to do with VirtualBox, so my suggestion would be to treat it as such, as a native problem with the OS of the guest.

If you go into the "Themes", there's an option on the top to "Add/Remove". Enjoy/have fun... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.