Can't get past slide lock screen

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
BuffaloRebz

Can't get past slide lock screen

Post by BuffaloRebz »

Hello, I have an HP Stream 14 laptop, and I'm running the latest build of Prime OS... everything was just fine until I enabled the Mouse Magnifier option under Accessibility Settings. Now the mouse cursor is permanently frozen neither the built in mouse "pad" nor the external mouse, will function at all. I can't get back in to disable this option because I have no way to slide the lock icon on the lock screen in order to enter my password. I've tried leaving the external mouse disconnected at boot time, this makes no difference. If there was a way to disable the Mouse Magnifier from the command prompt I get if I boot up in Debug mode, I'm sure this would solve my problem, but I'm somewhat new to Linux/Android (other than on my cell phone), and would really appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Can't get past slide lock screen

Post by socratis »

BuffaloRebz wrote:and I'm running the latest build of Prime OS
That's not a version, "latest" never was a version. Especially in 3 months this message will look out of place. Always be specific.

Plus there are 3 versions of the PrimeOS available: 1) Classic, 2) Standard, 3) Mainline. Which one are we talking about, and which exact version?
BuffaloRebz wrote:everything was just fine until I enabled the Mouse Magnifier option under Accessibility Settings
We're talking about a setting within the guest OS, right?
BuffaloRebz wrote:If there was a way to disable the Mouse Magnifier from the command prompt
You'll need to ask the PrimeOS people about that actually, not us.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
omnicronalpha1010111

Re: Can't get past slide lock screen

Post by omnicronalpha1010111 »

I realize the age of this post but in case anyone else should encounter this problem getting past the swipe screen, i simply clicked on my keyboard (in my case the spacebar) and it brought me to the screen to enter my pin. i'm using the mainline version of primeOS but i would assume it works in other versions as well.
Last edited by scottgus1 on 3. May 2021, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed personal attack comments