USB not available in one Virtual machine

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
zak100

USB not available in one Virtual machine

Post by zak100 »

Hi,
I have installed two VMs. On one (i.e. Mobisec) USB is not available but USB is available on another one. I have used the following command:
sudo adduser zulfi vboxusers
[sudo] password for zulfi: 
The user `zulfi' is already a member of `vboxusers'.
My virtual Box version is 5.2.18 Ubuntu r123745
& Virtual Machine version is: Mobisec 1.1.iso

Somebody please guide me.

Zulfi.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: USB not available in one Virtual machine

Post by socratis »

zak100 wrote:5.2.18 Ubuntu r123745
It looks like you're using the distro's fork version of VirtualBox. You can either ask in their forums/channels for help, or completely remove/uninstall/delete/purge their version and install the official version from the Linux Downloads section of VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
zak100

Post by zak100 »

Hi,
For sake of USB installation I did purging just two days ago but I faced lot of problems. Also the particular linux distribution forum is not active like this one.

Thanks for your reply.

Zulfi.
zak100

Post by zak100 »

Hi,
<You can either ask in their forums/channels for help,>
I think there is not so much difference in the commands and both are from Oracle.

Please guide me.

Zulfi.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

zak100 wrote:Please guide me.
I already told you...
socratis wrote:You can either ask in their forums/channels for help, or completely remove/uninstall/delete/purge their version and install the official version from the Linux Downloads section of VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.