Display resolution in Oracle Linux 7.5 not saved

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
Ahmed Haroon

Display resolution in Oracle Linux 7.5 not saved

Post by Ahmed Haroon »

hi all,

I have HP ProBook 450 G2, Windows Host (Win 10 Pro), Virtual Box 6.0, imported appliance Oracle Developer VM 2018 ( Oracle Linux 7.5, Oracle DB 12.2, Apex 18.1 )
every time i start / restart this VM i have to set resolution to 1366 x 768 ( by default it loads in 800 x 600 )
my host machine resolution is 1366 x 768, VM Display setting is default, i didn't changed.
how i can solve this problem so i do not have to set it after every start/restart.

regards
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Display resolution in Oracle Linux 7.5 not saved

Post by socratis »

Ahmed Haroon wrote:my host machine resolution is 1366 x 768
Ahmed Haroon wrote:i have to set resolution to 1366 x 768
You can't set the resolution of a guest to be that of the host, unless you're going Full-Screen. Which is not something that you do from the resolution of the guest, you do it from the host's menu View » Full-Screen Mode. That setting is remembered the next time you launch the guest...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.