Guest Additions broke mouse integration

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
logiclust

Guest Additions broke mouse integration

Post by logiclust »

running Centos7 guest on a mac host vbox v 6 and everything was humming along fine until i decided to install the guest additions. now my mouse (trackpad) only stays connected for a few clicks, then only comes back after a reboot of the VM and then drops shortly after.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Guest Additions broke mouse integration

Post by socratis »

logiclust wrote:only stays connected for a few clicks
What does that mean?
logiclust wrote:then only comes back after a reboot of the VM and then drops shortly after
Same question here...

Open a Terminal. Type the command:
  • VBoxBugReport "<VMname>"
where "<VMname>" is the actual name of the VM. This will generate a "YYYY-MM-DD-hh-mm-ss-bugreport.tgz" file in the current directory (most probably your home directory). Attach that file in your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
toracat
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: RHEL CentOS Scientific Linux

Re: Guest Additions broke mouse integration

Post by toracat »

If this is CentOS 7.6, then you are definitely affected by a kernel bug discussed in Mouse only usable within single application after mouse click on RHEL 7.6 (#18124).
Beginning is easy – Continuing is hard.