Antergos has a black lock screen in VBox - no login possible

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
an0n1mous

Antergos has a black lock screen in VBox - no login possible

Post by an0n1mous »

Hello!

After a few minutes without doing something on the PC, Antergos turns into a lock screen. So far, so good.

But the lock screen is black. Therefore I could not type my password, becaus I see nothing.

Interesting is, when I put the LOOKED Antergos on the task bar and wait a few minutes, the look screen is normal again. This is really uncomfortable and impractical when I will work with my PC at the time, I want to work with. Not after a few minutes after looking the screen an put it on the task bar… ;-)

I have this problem since two mounts.

I use Xfce.

I don’t know, if this would be an antergos-problem or a vbox-problem.

Here are pictures: https://forum.antergos.com/topic/11400/ ... n-possible

Best regards to you.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Antergos has a black lock screen in VBox - no login possible

Post by socratis »

Disable all screen savers, all power savings mode. You don't need those in a guest in any event...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
an0n1mous

Post by an0n1mous »

@socratis: I won't disable that thinks. I think a look screen could be wise in connection with privacy.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Locking your guest is a privacy issue, while locking your host isn't? If you want "privacy" lock your host. Your guest will be inaccessible as well...

Otherwise disable the 3D acceleration, which I suspect that you have enabled. But still, focus your privacy concerns on your host's screen, not on your guest's screen.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.