SSH from guest times out (bridged connection)

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
Bakemono

SSH from guest times out (bridged connection)

Post by Bakemono »

Hi,

i am having trouble connecting to my raspberry pi from my virtual machine. The situation is as follows

the Pi is connected to local network

the host machine is win10
guest machine Kali Linux

virtualbox is config to use a bridged connection

From the guest machine i am able ping the raspberry pi no problem but when i try to ssh into the pi it just waits and reponds with connection timed out. However when i try to ssh from the host (win10) with putty i can connect to the pi just fine

so in sort

ssh from host to pi works fine
ping from guest to pi also works
but ssh from guest to pi hangs

anyone with the solution for this? i already googled at lot of info but all pages al from ssh into guest and i want to ssh from a guest

thx in advance
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: SSH from guest times out (bridged connection)

Post by socratis »

If you can "ping <DefaultGateway>", if you can "ping 1.1.1.1", if you can "ping download.virtualbox.org", VirtualBox is working as it should. You should look elsewhere for your networking connectivity. Look in your host for firewalls, proxies, antivirus filters, web-cleaning applications, redirectors, etc.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.