[Solved] Critical error on Arch Linux installation attempt

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
TeeKay

[Solved] Critical error on Arch Linux installation attempt

Post by TeeKay »

I hope I put my problem in a correct place, it's my first problem I ever came up with, so I would be very grateful for indulgence.

I tried to install Arch Linux on a 32-bit Windows 7 Professional, but it happens to be impossible because I get a critical error. I put 1450 MB of RAM into it and created a dynamically allocated 20 GB VDI disk.

In attachements I sent the suggested logs, I also put a screen of an error.

According to the info I got when critical error was shown, it seems like I've sent all the informations I was asked to, but if you need something more, I'm open to suggestions. If I haven't missed anything, I would like to know what's the solution to my problem. Thanks in advance!
Attachments
error.png
error.png (44.58 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
Logs.rar
(169.3 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Last edited by socratis on 8. Oct 2018, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Critical error on Arch Linux installation attempt

Post by socratis »

00:00:25.248012 !! VCPU0: Guru Meditation -2403 (VERR_TRPM_DONT_PANIC)
This is the Guru Meditation that you're getting.
00:00:01.612763 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes
00:00:02.302166 Full Name: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz"
And this is "why" you're getting that error. You will need to address/fix the hardware virtualization availability. Your i5-3320M CPU most certainly supports hardware virtualization, so it's a matter of enabling it in the BIOS. See your PC's manufacturer help on how to do this. Also, make sure that nothing else has an exclusive hold on that.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
TeeKay

Post by TeeKay »

Thank you for a very quick response. It indeed solved the problem, everything works fine for now. :)
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Glad you got it going. Marking as [Solved].

BTW, you don't have to include the whole "Logs" subdirectory. Just one VBox.log that shows the crash, and as for the PNG, in most cases it's useless... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.