Kali Linux installer crash

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
chicken-PC

Kali Linux installer crash

Post by chicken-PC »

I've downloaded 32-bit kali linux iso from official site (i can't download x64 iso because VT-x is not supported by my shitty cpu and virtualbox can't create 64bit machines because of that)
When i try to install or graphical install kali, screen turns black for few seconds and vm crashes ("guru meditation")
I hope i can fix it without buying new cpu with VT-x. VBox was working before when i tried to install Win XP and Lubuntu. They were installed and worked successfully.

Machine settings:
1024 MB RAM
128 MB VRAM
PAE/NX on
Chipset PIIX3
Machine OS - Debian x32
Attachments
Logs.rar
crash logs
(139.91 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Kali Linux installer crash

Post by mpack »

Sorry, but it looks like that Kali Linux install requires VT-x. It isn't only 64bit VMs the require it. Basically any guest OS that pulls nasty stunts will not work in a VM unless it has VT-x/AMD-v, and that seems to be the problem here since it's the patch manager (the feature that tries to recompile suspect code when you don't have full virtualization) that seems to have crashed.

Incidentally, for future reference we prefer not to be handed the entire text of "War and Peace" in support of an issue. One log which shows the problem is enough.