[Solved] Ubuntu Guest VM hangs on startup

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
boss

[Solved] Ubuntu Guest VM hangs on startup

Post by boss »

After increasing the disk size for my storage device, my guest Ubuntu VM will not load all the way, is hangs on in the black screen. My host is Windows 7. My .vdi doesn't seem corrupt, i managed to clone it. the log file is attached. Any ideas?
Attachments
RPT-2018-08-22-17-35-11.log
(90.07 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Last edited by socratis on 23. Aug 2018, 01:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Ubuntu Guest VM hangs on startup

Post by socratis »

1. Can you please edit your post and replace the log with a ZIPPED version of the same file?
  2. Can you post the exact command that you used to enlarge the disk? And the rest of the procedure? Saying, "I enlarged the disk, now it won't boot", can mean a lot of things.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
boss

Post by boss »

The issue was solved. The Ubuntu VM did not have enough disk space to start. Deleting some file and the increased allocation solved it.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

boss wrote:The Ubuntu VM did not have enough disk space to start.
Marking as [Solved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.