fedora 28 reboot

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
ronish

fedora 28 reboot

Post by ronish »

successful install of fedora28 to disk.
On reboot keeps asking if to install to disk or run live. already installed to disk.

Why does this message keep coming up?
ronish

Re: fedora 28 reboot

Post by ronish »

just learning. Hit f12 to get a list of boot sources.

Then hit 1 to boot from disk!
ChipMcK
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, OSX

Post by ChipMcK »

Did you remember to unmount/eject the installation media before rebooting?
ronish

Post by ronish »

nothing to mount/unmount
After creation of the virtual machine, started it . From where, pointed to the ISO file on disk for fedora 28 dowloaded from their site.

What's to unmount?
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

ronish wrote:From where, pointed to the ISO file on disk for fedora 28
This puts a bootable CD image into the virtual optical drive from which you can either run the "live CD" version of Linux or choose to install Fedora 28 into the virtual hard disk (.vdi file) you created. We are assuming, based on the limited previous information, that you have done the latter and it has installed without issue.

Most Linux installation programs should automatically eject the media prior to the final reboot but not necessarily. In the "Devices" menu for the VM there is the "Devices" -> "Optical Drives" -> "Remove disk from virtual drive" option that will force it to do so. If you get a dialog box that pops up talking about having to force the unmount then say "yes".

If it still isn't making sense then post the VBox.log and .vbox file for your guest (zipped together of course).

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
ronish

Post by ronish »

eject the media prior to the final reboot but not necessarily.... definitely didnt
will eject it manually as per your advice and go from there
thanks