Error Starting KALI LINUX

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
kerkeset

Error Starting KALI LINUX

Post by kerkeset »

I have an error starting kali linux after installation,and i have checked several forums but i could not find a fix to the problem.Here is the error message below

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code:
E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component:
ConsoleWrap
Interface:
IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Please kindly assist me in solving the problem
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Error Starting KALI LINUX

Post by socratis »

Funny that you couldn't find a search result... Consider changing your favorite internet search engine. There should be plenty of results about this on these forums, but the search engine you're using now, does not seem to return any results for some reason.

The message is quite clear; VT-x is not available. There's a FAQ for that, please go thoroughly through it: I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests. Those are guidelines, you have to use your judgement...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
kerkeset

Post by kerkeset »

I have tried every available resources and guide without success.Am using windows VMs on virtual box and they are all working fine.
Its only the linux VMs that am having problem with,and also i have VMware workstation install on my host laptop which am running linux VMs that are working fine without any problem.Is the problem associated with using two different virtualization applications?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

kerkeset wrote:Is the problem associated with using two different virtualization applications?
Only if the second is Hyper-V... ;)

Please try going through the FAQ again, there's not much more we can do over here, since we're not sitting in front of your computer and cannot possibly know what you have installed/enabled...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.