Ubuntu Server VM wont boot after reboot

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
Crazy Eagle

Ubuntu Server VM wont boot after reboot

Post by Crazy Eagle »

Hi guys.

I need some help over here.

My VM with ubuntu-17.10.1-server-i386 was working fine until i made a reboot.

After that when i try to boot it gives me a Guru Meditation critical error and tells me to take a walk... :?

I have no idea on how to solve this.

Can you please help me?

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
logs.zip
(103.88 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Ubuntu Server VM wont boot after reboot

Post by andyp73 »

VBox.log wrote:
00:01:11.693809 !!         VCPU0: Guru Meditation -2403 (VERR_TRPM_DONT_PANIC)
This is most likely caused by:
VBox.log wrote:
00:00:04.228663 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is not available
You appear to have a single core Pentium 4 processor which isn't a great candidate for running a virtual machine?

What caused you to reboot? Did something get upgraded that you haven't told us about?

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
Crazy Eagle

Post by Crazy Eagle »

I have installed GLPI and OCS Inventory in the VM. Installed all dependicies too.

The Ubuntu asked for the reboot and i made it.

Never worked again.

Any ideas on how to fix it?
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

The kind of issue being reported in your log file is more normally down to something changing on the host rather than the guest. Has your host OS been updated? Did you update the version of VirtualBox?

If you are convinced it is the changes to the guest that have caused the issue then the only way to prove it is to restore the .vdi file from a backup prior to installing GLPI and OCS Inventory and seeing if the issue does indeed go away.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
Crazy Eagle

Post by Crazy Eagle »

Thank you Andy.

I'm afraid it was a fresh install of ubuntu server, glpi and OCS and havent'd had the oportunity to backup, so i will probably have to create the VM again.

It's a shame because everything seem to be working fine until the "evil reboot".

thank you for your help.