Oh no! Something has gone wrong. A problem has occurred and the system can't recover.

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
nfcaballaro

Oh no! Something has gone wrong. A problem has occurred and the system can't recover.

Post by nfcaballaro »

Hello, i'm trying to use VirtualBox to run my own development under Debian 8 64 bits VM.

In my computer run ok, but when I export the VM and I try to import in another PC it fails.

Error: "Oh no! Something has gone wrong. A problem has occurred and the system can't recover. Please contact a system administrator."

When it fails, I'm running Windows 10 64 bits on Intel Processor with 4 GB ram and I enabled Intel Virtualization Technology in the BIOS.

Any idea of the problem?

Attached VBox.log

Thanks!
Attachments
VBox.log
(100.51 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Oh no! Something has gone wrong. A problem has occurred and the system can't recover.

Post by socratis »

First of all, you have a "Windows host" and a "Linux guest", not a "Linux host", so I'm going to move your post to the appropriate section.

Second, please ZIP your logs next time, saves time and space. Do you mind editing your first post and replacing the plain text log with its ZIPPED version? TIA.

Third, are the two host PCs compatible? Are we even talking the same CPUs? Post a ZIPPED log from the PC that the same VM works, so we can compare them.

Fourth and final, try to not export the VM, but to copy it. See: Moving a VM.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.