ubuntu problems

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
fifreda

ubuntu problems

Post by fifreda »

Hi. After download Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS Desktop 32 bits from here ubuntu site , I start the installation of a new vm on oracle virtual box. I create a new virtual disk VDI with dinamic allocation 10GB. After, I go to the oracle settings of the vm that I created and in "storage/Controller IDE/
optical reader/secundary IDE master" I chose the file of ubutu that I download before as a virtual optical disc. But doesn't work.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: ubuntu problems

Post by mpack »

I deleted your cross post of this question. I moved this topic from "Windows Hosts" to "Linux Guests".

Please expand on "but doesn't work", i.e. give the precise error message.

Also, please provide a VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click it in the GUI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
fifreda

Post by fifreda »

I attached the files of log and a screenshoot of the error's message (it is in italian). If you want I translate for you
Attachments
Cattura.PNG
Cattura.PNG (33.83 KiB) Viewed 1382 times
Logs.rar
(196.8 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

If you fix this :-
VBox.log wrote: 00:00:02.794592 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes
Then your problems will probably be gone. The following FAQ has closely related advice: FAQ: I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests.

p.s. There's no need to provide the entire text of War and Peace when asked for log, as I wouldn't bother to read it anyway. Just the single log you are asked for will be enough in future.