Attempted to run Fedora 27 guest on Windows 7 host

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
GoBoSox

Attempted to run Fedora 27 guest on Windows 7 host

Post by GoBoSox »

My Fedora 27 VM installed successfully last night. I am putting it on a Windows 7 host 64-bit system. My Fedora is a 32-bit, as I was led to believe I could only use 32-bit OS as a guest operating system by the New VM wizard.

However, when the VM restarts, I get a critical error and the VM stops. I am directed to submit the log files here, so that is what I am doing. Not sure what is happening here.

Can someone interpret this for me and tell me what is happening here?

Thank you.
Attachments
Linux Fedora VM Log Files.zip
Log and VBox.png files
(211.12 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Attempted to run Fedora 27 guest on Windows 7 host

Post by socratis »

GoBoSox wrote:as I was led to believe I could only use 32-bit OS as a guest operating system by the New VM wizard.
Please go thoroughly through the FAQ: I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests. Those are guidelines, you have to use your judgement...
00:00:02.567298 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes
By addressing this, you will most probably fix the Guru. And you'll get your 64bit clients as an option.

PS. You don't need to attach all your logs. Just a VBox.log that shows the problem, the VBoxHardening.log if there's a hardening failure, and definitely not 3 black PNGs that add nothing to the problem description.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.