Can't connect Samsung phone to Ubuntu Guest

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
abruce1711

Can't connect Samsung phone to Ubuntu Guest

Post by abruce1711 »

Hello. I think this issue has been posted but I can't find any answers that seems to resolve my issue.

I am running an Ubuntu 16.04.3 guest on a Windows 10 host. I have built the machine for Android Development so need to connect my Samsung Galaxy S6 to the Ubuntu machine for testing. I'll put below the steps I have taken to connect so far -

- Install the VirtualBox Extension to allow USB 2 and 3 support.
- Created a filter to capture the phone when it connects.
- Set it to USB 3.0 (all of my ports are USB 3)
- Boot the machine, log in completely and wait for drive activity to stop.
- Connect phone via USB port on host, it is picked up by the filter as it does not appear on my Windows machine - Nothing listed in lsusb
- Right click the usb icon in the bottom right corner of the VirtualBox window > Click SAMSUNG_Android [0400]
- I get an error at the top that says "The USB device SAMSUNG SAMSUNG_Android with UUID{uid here} is busy with a previous request. Please try again later"

Can anyone offer any advice to resolve this?

Thanks!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Can't connect Samsung phone to Ubuntu Guest

Post by socratis »

Please read the following thread: USB basics and troubleshooting, all of the posts. If you still have a problem after reading through the whole thing, please follow the advice of the last post, #8: Asking for help.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.