Linux Issues

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
ajax98

Linux Issues

Post by ajax98 »

I tried to download UnrealEngine in my guest Linux OS. It downloaded but did not work and to fix this I tried to share the UnrealEngine files with my guest and host OS as detailed by some solution online. The next time I loaded Ubuntu on VirtualBox I got a blue screen. I have attached the error logs. Is there a particular reason why I am getting this error?
Attachments
Ubuntu_log.zip
(16.07 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Linux Issues

Post by socratis »

You actually have a "Linux guest", not an "OSX guest". Moving accordingly...
VirtualBox VM 5.1.22 r115126 darwin.amd64 (Apr 28 2017 17:26:14) release log
You have a rather old VirtualBox version. Please update it to the latest (5.2.4 as of this writing).
00:00:00.116868 VRamSize <integer> = 0x0000000001000000 (16 777 216, 16 MB)
Your vRAM seems a little low. I'd take it to 32 or 64 MB.

Your log ends prematurely. Did you shut down the VM? Or at least close its window? You should do that before taking and zipping the log, it's not complete otherwise. Could you try again?

ajax98 wrote:as detailed by some solution online
What solution would that be? What did you do?
ajax98 wrote:The next time I loaded Ubuntu on VirtualBox I got a blue screen.
Blue as in complete blue, or did it have an error message? I can't say that I remember a blue screen, but I don't claim to have seen it all. BTW, if you did "major surgery" in your guest, why would that be a VirtualBox problem?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.