DragnDrop 5.2.2 not working (installed guest os) Linux mint 18.2 Sonya

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
DragnDrop

Re: DragnDrop 5.2.2 not working (installed guest os) Linux mint 18.2 Sonya

Post by DragnDrop »

updated post above, btw thank you for the fast replies really appreciated !

log after deleting the old guest additions from the guest os

seems successfully deinstalled (resize and stuff doesnt work anymore and performance decreased a lot) anyway i wont yet proceed with any other step (dont like to mess it up again) so i wait for your next instruction, which is i guess just click the install guest addition button at devices right ?)
Attachments
linux mint-2017-12-16-20-14-29.log.zip
(14.13 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
DragnDrop

Post by DragnDrop »

i still didnt proceed yet, i deinstalled the guest addition in the guest os, and provided the log above. But now im scared to install them over the device menu since i dont like to mess it up again, so i like to wait for your reply if i did everything right this time and how to proceed now correctly.

Edit: couldnt wait and clicked install guest addition from the device menu

it said

Code: Select all

Could not mount the media/drive '/usr/share/virtualbox/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_PDM_MEDIA_LOCKED).

Fehlercode:
NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Komponente:
ConsoleWrap
Interface:
IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
Callee:
IMachine {85cd948e-a71f-4289-281e-0ca7ad48cd89}
Attachments
linux mint-2017-12-17-19-49-05.log.zip
(26.21 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
DragnDrop

Post by DragnDrop »

i suggest to move this topic to linux guests, would fit better there, sorry my bad.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I will move your post to the "Linux Guests" from the "Linux Hosts" section, I should have done it earlier, mea culpa. But, please keep a couple of things in mind:
  • You should *not* post in every thread that has Mint 18.2 in the subject, but it's completely unrelated to your problem. I've deleted two of your messages in other threads.
  • Please search for the error "VERR_PDM_MEDIA_LOCKED". You'd be surprised how many results you'll come up with, all of them proposing the same solution; release the GAs CD from other VMs/snapshots that may have it loaded.
  • You should *not* send PMs about issues. This is not what the PMs are for. And no, DnD is not an urgent matter, there are plenty of ways to deal with file sharing between host and guest. Some of the guests do not even have the DnD capability, and people still use them and people still can share files. There wasn't even a DnD option a couple of versions back.
  • I have accumulated about 25 open tabs over the weekend, that I have to read/analyze more carefully. Yours happens to be one of them. I'm a volunteer, just like most of the other users in the forums, I'm not a personal tech support representative. "Patience my young padawan...";)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.