[Resolved] Centos 7 - Cannot enlarge screen size

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Centos 7 - Cannot enlarge screen size

Post by socratis »

paul12345 wrote:because I had to spend so much time trying to get my system back up and running
Honesty, how much time did it take you to upgrade VirtualBox? More than 3 minutes?

I switch VirtualBox version between 5 and 8 times a day... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
paul12345

Re: Centos 7 - Cannot enlarge screen size

Post by paul12345 »

You are right it actually didn't take very long at all! Next time I wont be worried about doing it at all..

I guess if your job roles requires you to do that 5-8 times a day then it would make sense but most of the people I am working with upgrade\change very infrequently.

I work in software development and just happen to use a Centos VM for developing in so all I really care about is if it works! I have also upgraded the guest additions for to 5.1.30 and had no issues with that either that I can see.

I now have a lot more faith, cheers for the help!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: [Resolved] Centos 7 - Cannot enlarge screen size

Post by socratis »

I told you it was painless ;)
BTW, it's not my "job requirement" to switch between VirtualBox versions, it's my... "hobby"; helping other VirtualBox users like you... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.