How do you install the virtual box additions in 5.2.2 ?

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
dfatvb
Primary OS: MS Windows Vista
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows/DOS

How do you install the virtual box additions in 5.2.2 ?

Post by dfatvb »

Hi,

Updated from the 5.1.x version to 5.2.2 today. Inside a Linux Wheezy guest I can't install the latest additions? When I tell it to "Insert Guest Additions" and look under /media/cdrom nothing is there, I can put in another .ISO file I have and I do see those files. I see something new in this version a /media/VBox_GAs_5.2.2 which has what looks like the additions, but in there if I try to run anything get an input/output error, even if I try to "cat autorun.sh", or anything else. How do you install the additions in this version?

Thanks.
vensasa
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu Linux

Re: How do you install the virtual box additions in 5.2.2 ?

Post by vensasa »

To get it to show up in /media, I would open a filemanager, such as Thunar. On the left pane with the disk drives you will probably see Guest Additions DVD listed, something like that. Click on it. This should open the DVD in the file manager. This will mount it under /media. Leave the filemanager open. In your terminal emulator, cd /media/yourusername, then ls, and look in there for the mount and cd to it. cd into that directory. sudo su into your root account to run the Linux guest additions installer.