Buildozer does not boot up completly and I never get to see the kivy login page even after an hour

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
Rupesh Pradhan

Buildozer does not boot up completly and I never get to see the kivy login page even after an hour

Post by Rupesh Pradhan »

I have Windows 7 32Bit installed with 4GB RAM

I have installed Oracle VirtualBox-5.2.0-118431-Win and setup kivy-buildozer-vm-2.0 as the virtual OS. The Buildozer does not boot up completly and I never get to see the Kivy login page even after an hour.

I have a Windows 7 64 Bit machine with 4 GB RAM as well.
The same setup works just fine there.

What I have tried:

I downloaded Ubuntu_17.04-VB-32bit and successfully launched the OS using the Virtual Box which indicates that there is no issue with the Virtual Box.

I downloaded a fresh copy of Buildozer and tried to lauch it, but the same problem persists.
Attachments
000112.jpg
000112.jpg (108.94 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
000109.jpg
000109.jpg (109.46 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Buildozer does not boot up completly and I never get to see the kivy login page even after an ho

Post by mpack »

Please provide a VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click it in the GUI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (ONLY) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.

Perhaps you need to ask the Bulldozer people about this as well.
Rupesh Pradhan

Re: Buildozer does not boot up completly and I never get to see the kivy login page even after an ho

Post by Rupesh Pradhan »

Please find attached the log file.
Attachments
VBox.log.txt.zip
(19.4 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

You don't have a lot of RAM available, but I suspect that the guest OS (Ubuntu 32bit?) simply isn't installed properly.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

Code: Select all

00:00:01.246496 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes
Perhaps enabling VT-x/AMD-v will take care of the issue?