[Solved] Getting an unlegible error

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
spikedmace

[Solved] Getting an unlegible error

Post by spikedmace »

Hello! I logged today to the forums because I'm stuck with this problem and I don't seem to find a solution. I created a VM for Xbuntu but I can't get it to start.
I attached a .jpg with the error because I am not allowed to post links yet.
Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Xubuntu.

The virtual machine 'Xubuntu' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'D:\

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: MachineWrap
Interface: IMachine {b2547866-a0a1-4391-8b86-6952d82efaa0}
My PC:
O.S: Windows 10 Pro
RAM: 16 GB
MB: ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 (Virtualization enabled in BIOS options).

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section. Thanks.
Attachments
Sin título2.jpg
Sin título2.jpg (101.26 KiB) Viewed 2357 times
Last edited by socratis on 10. Sep 2017, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Getting an unlegible error

Post by socratis »

spikedmace wrote:More details may be available in 'D:\
That's not what the error message says, you forgot to include the whole path, D:\VM\Xubuntu\Logs\VBoxHardening.log. You have a hardening problem, so please read the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues.

Pay special attention to a recent Win update or a antivirus update.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
spikedmace

Post by spikedmace »

socratis wrote: Pay special attention to a recent Win update or a antivirus update.
1: I was struggling with the editor because it wasn't letting me to post this thread with the message "You can't post **** yet". I deleted that line cuz I thought it was taken as an ***. But instead it was the word (GOD I CANT SAY IT)that was causing the trouble so I changed it to "link".
2: I disabled Windows Defender an the VM was able to start, but I got this error:
VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system. Your 64-bit guest will fail to detect a 64-bit CPU and will not be able to boot.
"This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropiate for your CPU."

I got an AMD FX-6300, forgot to say.
Thanks for your reply.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

spikedmace wrote:I disabled Windows Defender an the VM was able to start
You must be the second or third person which has an issue with Windows Defender, which means it's highly unusual. Are you sure it was not something else that was running that prevented the VM from starting with the hardening log?
spikedmace wrote:VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system.
That's another problem. Please go thoroughly through the FAQ: I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests. Your AMD FX-6300 supports virtualization according to AMD, so it's either not enabled in the BIOS, or something else is using it. More info on the FAQ.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
spikedmace

Post by spikedmace »

I checked the "Secure Virtualization" option in the BIOS (I don't remember the value). Now it works even with the Defender ON.
Thanks.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Great, thanks for the feedback. Marking as [Solved].