Android-x86 mouse pointer won't reappear after inactivity

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
deadfraggle

Android-x86 mouse pointer won't reappear after inactivity

Post by deadfraggle »

I have android-x86-6.0-r3 installed as a guest on VirtualBox version 5.1.26 r117224. When I power on the Android machine, the mouse pointer is visible in the guest window at startup, and for as long as I am active with the mouse. After a period of mouse inactivity, the mouse pointer disappears as per normal Android behavior. However, I cannot make the pointer reappear again by moving the mouse (as one would normally do with a physical android device.)

I can press Right-Ctrl to release the mouse to the host machine, but if I click in the guest window the pointer completely disappears. So far, the only way I have found to reactivate the pointer is to power off the guest machine and reboot it.

Is there a function within VirtualBox to wake up the mouse in the guest machine? Failing that, does anyone know a way of modifying the time before Android deactivates the mouse pointer?

Thank you!

Edit:

Enabling "Stay Awake" option for the screen in Android Settings > Developer Options fixed my issue. The mouse pointer still disappears, but reappears when I move the mouse. Android's default sleep mode may be incompatible with VirtualBox or something.

Anyhow, sorry for the intrusion. Please resume regular forum activities. Cheers.