/run/php/ disappears after shutdown

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
pom

/run/php/ disappears after shutdown

Post by pom »

(cross post from this thread... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84012)

I'm running a couple of guests in virtualbox as development environments for VPS websites I run.
I've recreated them exactly in VB as LEMP stacks (Centos 7, nginx, mariadb, php 5.6) and all works well.

My problem is when I close the guest with the "power off" or "send shutdown signal" the directory the php-fpm socket is listening to (/run/php/) gets deleted and is not created again on boot. I have to manually mkdir and chown after each boot.

My question is, is there a better place for php-fpm.sock than in /run/ or /var/run/, a way to generate the /run/php/ directory after "hard" boots, or should I use "save the machine state" each time?
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: /run/php/ disappears after shutdown

Post by Perryg »

My problem is when I close the guest with the "power off" or "send shutdown signal" the directory the php-fpm socket is listening to (/run/php/) gets deleted and is not created again on boot. I have to manually mkdir and chown after each boot.
As you were instructed any php issue would need to be addressed by them. VirtualBox does not use php in its code. It provides an api that they use as well as java, Etc. via its web service. So have you actually asked the php or phpvirtualbox folks this question and did they say that this was an issue with VirtualBox?
pom

Post by pom »

I'm not using phpvirtualbox and this is the first place I've asked about it as it's only one of 3 results I could find on google after a lot of searching and the most specific one to my circumstances.
I just thought someone here might've had a similar issue and if it is virtualbox specific. If not then I can scratch that off the troubleshooting list.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

pom wrote:(cross post from this thread... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84012)
And it is because of that, that this one is getting locked. Please continue the discussion in the linked thread.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.