Drag and drop doesn't work.

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
vladi160

Drag and drop doesn't work.

Post by vladi160 »

I am using Windows 10 with Virtualbox 5.1.22 r115126. My guest machine is Linux Ubuntu 64-bit.

I set in the General->Advanced Shared clipboard and drag and drop with Bidirectional, but drag and drop or copy/paste doesn't work in both directions.
vladi160

DnD: Received unsupported message: 210

Post by vladi160 »

I get this error when I try to drag and drop file from my host Windows 10 to my guest Linux Ubuntu -
"DnD: Received unsupported message: 210
DnD: Error processing message 210, failed with VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED, resetting all".
I did all the things to do drag and drop and can drag and drop and copy/paste from my guest to my host system.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Drag and drop doesn't work.

Post by socratis »

I merged your two topics. Please do not open a new ticket if you simply want to add some information to an existing one, simply edit the existing post, or post an update. But please do not open a new ticket, it's considered duplicate and it's not allowed.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Drag and drop doesn't work.

Post by socratis »

Follow a "start the VM from cold-boot" / "observe error" / "shutdown the VM" cycle. With the VM shut down completely (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log". Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.