Mouse Pointer MIssing in Android Marshmallow

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
birrellwalsh

Mouse Pointer MIssing in Android Marshmallow

Post by birrellwalsh »

I see this is old news, with posts going back many years. But with VB 51.** and Android Marshmallow, it is is still an issue.

I set the pointer to PS2.

When I tried to load the guestadditions (in case that is part of the issue) I got the error "'Could not mount the media/drive 'C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_PDM_MEDIA_LOCKED).'" I checked on my Windows 10 file system, and that ISO file is there and not locked at least by Windows.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Mouse Pointer MIssing in Android Marshmallow

Post by mpack »

birrellwalsh wrote:I see this is old news, with posts going back many years. But with VB 51.** and Android Marshmallow, it is is still an issue.
Android is not a supported guest, nor likely to become one, so it will probably always be an issue.
birrellwalsh wrote:When I tried to load the guestadditions (in case that is part of the issue)
Certainly it's a part. Android is not a supported guest - meaning there are no GAs for it.

VirtualBox is an x86 PC emulator. There is no market for Android on that platform, which is why I say that Android is unlikely to ever become a supported guest.